Christian Studies By Margaret Lukasik
margaretlukasik.com is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – Victory Christian Studies
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles for our member’s area:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you with information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
This might be your e-mail address or name only. We do not collect any other data on this site. We use the PayPal system for all payments we receive. PayPal holds all billing information and makes available to the owner of this site, Margaret Lukasik, the customer’s name, email address, home address, payment amount. We do not receive information about how payments are made. What information is collected by PayPal is information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us indirectly. PayPal information can be viewed by all customers in their email receipts automatically sent by PayPal and by logging in to their PayPal accounts. To this date, all information collected by PayPal has never been stored on our site. This includes names, email addresses, street addresses and payment type. We do collect minimal information on our member’s page at margaretlukasik.com for the sole purpose of a person joining to enter into the site. The information is stored safely, it’s protected and only the owner of this site, Margaret Lukasik can view that information.
Information automatically collected about you
This site offers some free information and links to resources. Our need for personal data is limited. We do not currently display Google adsense ads, but if we do in the future, that information will be noted here in this scetion noting any tools which include information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. Currently we do not have tools, for example, that obtain your shopping cart information, your IP address, your shopping history (if there is any) etc, except for obvious methods of capture which are for membership sign-up and for our email sign-up box. Should we offer Google Adsense Ads, information is used to improve your customer experience reflected in the Google Adsense Ads displaying products you have viewed on the Internet. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged by this advertiser but not by margaretlukasik.com. We currently use Amazon.com ads for the Christian books which are reviewed by Margaret Lukasik or which may be a good fit for the visitors on this site..
We do not share information
We never gather information from other sources or share information. We do not have partners, trusted or otherwise.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available, but currently we have never done so. We will make that change here if our site direction changes.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you on our membership site. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- currently we do not administer and analyse our client base for purchasing behavior and history, but we may in the future and we will state that change here to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- To share free Christian information, articles;
- announce new Bible studies available whether free or paid.
We use Google Ads that show products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behavior to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us only);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
- to share special topics from the Bible
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfill the obligation rising from law and/or to use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We do not collect any form of payments on this site, so we do not save or store your billing information and other information. Any payments made to obtain our products are through the PayPal.com system.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with anyone. Personal Data about you or any of our subscribers has never been shared with any person or entity for any purpose. Our subscriber list has always been protected. It remains with the source of our autoresponder which is Bravenet, the host of this website and perhaps in the future, MailChimp which does not yet have collected names from this site. We have always protected our subscriber lists and we do not keep any other lists. We do not have partners and we do not share personal data of our subscribers. We have no relationships with other websites or persons we call processing partners. This is a very small site with one mission, to share the Bible with other Christians. We also invite visitors to sign-up for our notifications at Push, Connect Notifir which stores IP addresses without names or other information. The information stored on that site can be viewed but not used by this site or any entity. It is always kept safe and private for the purpose of safely receiving notification by browser only.
We do not disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials. We will never disclose your Personal Data to third parties and we will never ask for your consent or depend upon legal grounds for it.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website at margaretlukasik.com, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting. While we do not use functionality cookies on this site, we may in the future. We have all comment sections blocked with a secure comment block plugin for the sake of this site’s security.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services. We do not use Analytic cookies at this time but we may in the future.
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation. We use Google Adsense which uses these cookies.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Last modification was made May 22, 2018.
Please check the box if you agree: